Sunday, July 28, 2013

What if....

What if 19 people found a home? (Interested yet?) Amongst hundreds of people, these folks found 18 other people that worked as a team and a dynamic. They didn't judge. They brought you out of your shell and you felt free to speak your mind, no matter the topic. One thing that binds them all, but so many walks of life. You found a place to be yourself without fear of retaliation, even in the face of the personal adversity you had going on. You could tell stories that you had never told before. You learned things about yourself you didn't know. There was no need for being politically correct or pretending that you are perfect. You could just be you.

Yeah, I found that. I found that and I love the frap out of it. Then, something happened. I posted a blog. Then another friend posted one. Then, more did and I had a thought. Here we all are. We are all raw, real, honest, open, and united by autism. We all have our share of stories. We all believe differently and still, it feels like home. Another friend reminded me that not everyone feels like they can be themselves in cyberspace, so they read and live vicariously. Well, what if the world could do that? I am out of a good segue, so I am just gonna put it out there.

There are 19 of us. We all have been through one or more of the following: trials of marriage, divorce, living with ASD, giving and receiving parenting advice, losing yourself, issues with finding time for sex, poop stories, the things our kids say and do, what we wanted to say versus what we do, comorbids, and family opposition. We have people with Aspergers and parents who deal with it. All walks of life, beliefs, and different experiences are represented. What if we anonymously put it out there?

Amazon will let you e-publish for free.

After Hours Confessions: The Stories They Don't Tell You About ASD and Aspergers

It would be like a chicken soup book, but for real people. All blogs or entries written under false names, so as not to out ourselves. I think it would be fun. Also, could potentially be extra money down the road. A book for those that need to see that even through the shitty and hard stuff, there is light. A truly HONEST book. A window into the real world of not only raising kids that have it, but of having it yourself. A book of compilations that are funny, touching, heartbreaking at times, and down right REAL.

It could be sectioned into little categories like marriage and divorce, stories that you wouldn't tell your family, when sex goes wrong, a day in the life of, and you thought NT kids said funny shit, and living with comorbids. Something like that. If anyone can get their kids' writing about it (I have some of mine), we could add that in, from a kid's perspective. We could add a section of things that help us deal. 

I mean, when you pick up a book on the subject, most of them are how to's or just end up making you feel like you are doing something wrong. What if we gave them a light at the end of their shitty walled, non pant wearing, eating gross shit, licking everything tunnel? I have spoken to several of you about this throughout the day. I have received positive feedback. I think that we should do this. I think that families deserve to know that it might be hard, but damn it is funny sometimes. They need to know they aren't alone when it comes to the stuff that people don't really talk about. They need to know that it is ok to be an adult and not a mommy or daddy all the time. I would love to see a section entitled what happens when the kids go to bed! 

Ok, I have said my peace. I really think that it is something to consider. I know several of you are working on something for me or will be, but I don't have you ALL on my personal list, so I thought I would just put it out there like this. And for anybody who has no idea what I am prattling on about. There are no droids here. Move along. *waves hand*

No comments:

Post a Comment